Nutrients for Life
The objective of the game is to apply the exact amount of nutrients and water that a crop needs to grow.
Players apply the essential nutrients N (Nitrogen), P (Phosphorus), K (Potassium) and water onto a corn field. There is a dial telling the player how much of each has been applied – they must aim to keep the needle of the dial in the center/green zone (don’t apply too much or too little).
During the 90 seconds of gameplay, players must use 4R nutrient stewardship to win the game (apply the right source at the right rate, time and place). A player’s yield, economic and environmental impact contributes to their final score.
Play Nutrients for Life in Virtual Reality!
Did you know Nutrients for Life was designed as a virtual reality game? And it’s available as a free download on the STEAM store! To play the game in virtual reality, you will require an Oculus Rift Headset and a VR Gaming Laptop with the following specs:
- GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5
- Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz)
- 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 256 GB M.2 SATA SSD
- 15.6″ 1920 x 1080 120 Hz 3 ms, Wideview, 94% NTSC Color, Anti-Glare
- 15.08″ x 10.24″ x 1.08″ 4.85 lbs.
- 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI (4K @ 60Hz)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 3 x USB 3.0
- RGB Keyboard
This game is recommended for children ages 8+. If using VR, adult supervision is mandatory as players may become disorientated or over stimulated.