Grade 3 to 6 schools are invited to the Western Development Museum in Saskatoon for a FREE one-day field trip that explores AGRICULTURE!
Students are guided through a curriculum-based program that includes a hands-on lesson on growing healthy plants, interactive computer games, sunflower seed planting station, scavenger hunt and much more!
The program occurs between September 19, 2016 and February 28, 2017.
Schools can register by contacting Agriculture in the Classroom 306-291-7574 or email@example.com
Agriculture Education Portal
For over a decade Agrium has been collaborating with community partners around the world to offer curriculum-based programs and resources that are engaging, factual and fun for all ages.
The portal will be live by June 1, 2014. Please go to www.GrowingTheNextGeneration.com to learn about agriculture and environmental programs offered. Sort by grade, location and topic.
Featured Programs on GrowingTheNextGeneration:
- Caring for our Watersheds – an environmental contest with over $240,000 in prizes and funding to turn student’s ideas into real-life solutions
- Little Green Thumbs – an indoor classroom garden program that engages and inspires students to grow and eat healthy food
- Grounds for Change: Schoolyard Naturalization – helping make schoolyards into outdoor educational classrooms.
- Journey 2050 – How do we feed 9 billion people by the year 2050? Experience how your present-day decisions can directly impact society, the environment and the economy using unique digital tools.
- Progressive Agriculture Safety Days – education and training days to make farm life safer and healthier for children and their communities.
- Nutrients for Life – Curriculum based teacher and student resources focused on plant nutrient stewardship