5 Displays Available!
Seed Survivor is a free curriculum-based program that teaches elementary children about plants and the importance of agriculture. Multiple displays travel across North America year-round.
Last year we planted over 110,000 sunflower seeds with students and visited 16 states and provinces (GA, CO, AB, ND, IN, WA, ID, KY, SK, TX, OH, IA, MN, KS, VA, NC).
We now have 5 Seed Survivor displays: One large exhibit, two mobile classrooms and two community displays. At our displays, students explore multi-media and virtual reality games, a sunflower seed planting station, talking walls and much more. The content is perfect for grade 3 and 4 but all ages can have fun at Seed Survivor.
Seed Survivor was designed to teach youth that plants need water, light, healthy soil, and nutrients to survive.
For more information or to request Seed Survivor contact Sustainability and Stakeholder Relations at Sustainability@agrium.com or 1-403-225-7000
The program is now closed.
We hope to offer the field trip again in September until February 2018. Stay tuned for more details!
Grade 3 – 6 schools are invited to EXPLORE AG at the Western Development Museum in Saskatoon. This is a FREE half-day field trip!
Students are guided through a curriculum-based program that includes a hands-on lesson on growing healthy plants, interactive computer games, sunflower seed planting station, scavenger hunt and much more!
- We can accommodate up to 50 students per day. If you only have one classroom of children you may be with another school during the field trip
- We require 1 adult for every 5 students
- The program will run for one classroom from 9:15am-12:00pm and a different classroom from 12:15-2:30pm (can be adjusted to accommodate busing)
- Busing grants are available for schools in need. Contact the Program Coordinator for details firstname.lastname@example.org
- The demand for the program is high. We may not be able to accommodate all of the requests
Saskatchewan schools can register by contacting Agriculture in the Classroom:
Click here of an online registration form.
Do not contact the above email for schools/events outside of Saskatchewan, Canada.
This field trip is brought to Saskatoon schools by Agrium Inc, Crop Production Services, Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan and the Western Development Museum
Schools/events outside of Saskatchewan, Canada should contact us